Coming to Kindle and Smashwords

Coming to Kindle and Smashwords
November 2013

Jul 3, 2011

I am not as surprised as I should be...

‘Singing penis’ sets noise record for water insect

Just when you think you've seen it all...

If I could do that I wouldn't need a mate.

I wonder if I can get mine to sing with "voice" lessons?




A tiny water boatman is the loudest animal on
Earth relative to its body size, a study has revealed.

Scientists from France and Scotland recorded
the aquatic animal "singing" at up to 99.2 decibels,
the equivalent of listening to a loud orchestra play
while sitting in the front row.

The insect makes the sound by rubbing its penis
against its abdomen in a process known as "stridulation

1 comment:

Willie Y said...

I use stridulation all of the time and I get no noise at all. What am I doing wrong.